Wednesday, October 13, 2010

National Coming Out Day

I'm glad a blog I'm following (eventing a gogo) wrote this.. I'm going into teaching, but I was also bullied when I was younger. I was bullied all through middle school for various things, but it included being gay. In high school a 'friend' started the rumors back up. The kicker is, I really have a strong sense of sexuality. I like men and while I'm not afraid of kissing a girl, it doesn't do a damn thing for me. In high school though one of my main tormentors never understood why she couldn't get under my skin. By that point, I had learned that if it wasn't me it would be someone else and frankly I didn't care what she thought. I would stand up to her all the time and tell her yes I did like girls in a sarcastic tone and if she wanted to believe it I didn't care because I knew she wasn't going any where in life with her attitude problems. I also helped keep the stress off of some of my friends who were gay. My personal favorite come back ever was to the above mentioned girl, "Wow you are really obsessed with me aren't you." She made it her job to pester me and frankly after I said that everyone would stare at her because it was true and they realized it.

Another important side of this I feel is freedom of religion. I don't believe we need to allow people to push theirs on other people. I do wish though we spent more time trying to be accepting. I don't know what to 'categorize' myself as, but I have related to Wiccans. It is very hard living in Kentucky and having so many people expect you to know the bible. Its harder when you say I don't believe in the bible and then you are out cast. This hasn't happened to me tons, but currently I am in a CIV class and the bible is coming up a lot because we're in early civilizations. Our class just the other day was going off about how It was wrong that Before Christ (BC) was changed to Before Common Era (BCE). They thought it was bs and that they shouldn't be discriminated as such. I didn't say a word because I knew it wasn't worth the time, but all I could think about was how I didn't really believe in Christ and how its kind of nice, not judging time by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment